Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Green Zebra Tomato

Catalog #0443 Photo and description retrieved from: http://www.seedsavers.org/onlinestore/tomato_3/Tomato-Green-Zebra.html


(Solanum lycopersicum) Bred by Thomas Wagner of Tater Mater Seeds and introduced in 1983. Olive yellow 1½ - 2½" fruits with deep green zebra stripes. Sweet zingy flavor. Very productive plants. Indeterminate, 75-80 days from transplant.

Reviews from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds customers.

I love this tomato. I do and will grow this every year. I skin and seed them for my health issue. They work wonderfully for me and have a very good flavor. The plants are easy to grow and don't seem to need as much water as some other varieties. I always get a good crop of tomatoes from the green zebra variety. I have passed this delicious little tomato on to many people and a friend grew them this year in her garden for the first time. She is a new fan of the green zebra. I place these free in my front yard and have had people come to the door and ask if I had more of those 'strange tomatoes'. I always tell them how to get a catalogue and to save the seeds from the tomatoes they get from me. If you want a good flavored tomato for a sandwich, this is the one.

This is a great variety, produces a lot, very early. Gorgeous fruit, super eye catching and incredible flavor. Even the kids loved this one! Growing this next year!

Sold out before I could lay my hands on the seeds, 2 years running! This is my favorite breakfast/snack tomato... never having had one for dinner, because I just can't wait to eat them all up! The flavor is great, has lots of tang.

Phyllis’ review:
Tastes great and looks stunning in salad or on the plate. Green Zebra Tomato plants for sale at the Clintonville Farmers' Market beginning Saturday, May 17th. See you there.

Photo retrieved from: http://www.rareseeds.com/green-zebra-tomato/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time read Granny B's blogspot. Please let us know your comments or questions.