Monday, May 12, 2014

Black Krim Tomato

Catalog #0662 Photo and description retrieved from: http://www.seedsavers.org/onlinestore/tomato_3/Tomato-Black-Krim.html

(Solanum lycopersicum) (aka Black Crimea) Found in Krim, Russia in 1990 by Lars Olov Rosenstrom of Bromma, Sweden. Beefsteak fruits are a unique combination of violet-brown and purple-red—they turn almost black with sufficient sunlight and heat. Excellent full flavor. Indeterminate, 70-90 days from transplant.

Reviews from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds customers.

I love this tomato! Excellent flavor, color and disease resistant and it produced generously. I highly recommend it. It is quite watery though, and so it's not suited for making sauces or drying. But you can just slice them, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt, and enjoy!

I don't really like tomatoes I grow them for my family. That is until I grew Black Krim I eat them like an apple in the garden the flavor is very complex, it's productive, disease resistant, and very pretty. Black Krim will always have a place in my garden.

I have been planting tomatoes for 35 years and try new heirlooms every year; but if I could only plant one variety this would be it. It was love at first bite! Retrieved from: http://www.rareseeds.com/black-krim-tomato/?F_Keyword=black%20krim%20tomato

Phyllis' Review:

This one is always in the top ten in tomato tasting contests. You won't be disappointed. Black Krim Tomato plants for sale at the Clintonville Farmers' Market beginning Saturday, May 17th, from 9-1. Come ready this summer to CFM to sample more than 20 varieties of tomatoes from Granny B Farms. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time read Granny B's blogspot. Please let us know your comments or questions.